The Rice Lake SURVIVOR OTR Concrete and Steel Deck Truck Scales and Weighbridges offer Cross customers a high capacity weighing solution that is well suited for resisting corrosion and rust. Concrete deck truck scales generally require less maintenance than steel decks, which helps extend the life of the scale. In addition, concrete surfaces tend to yield better traction in wet and icy conditions, which helps speed up operation, and more importantly keeps crews safe.
- Weighbridge Design – Designed and built to federal bridge standards, the full six-inch thick reinforced concrete deck of the OTR encases hundreds of 3/4-inch shear studs welded to the supporting 6-inch I-beams, creating a monolithic 12-inch thick rigid weighbridge. The concrete deck design incorporates galvanized steel sheets working in conjunction with I-beams to ensure that concrete remains above the neutral axis of the weighbridge.
- Load Cells and Mounting System – Each load cell has an individual capacity of 75,000 pounds. Higher capacity load cells handle heavier loads with far fewer failures. Wire-braided copper transient bypass cables are provided at each load cell mount for individual load cell protection from direct lightning strikes to the scale or weighbridge. Load cells and electronic components have top access through the scale deck, allowing for convenient maintenance, even where space is limited.
- Durable Finish – All SURVIVOR scales are thoroughly cleaned before painting to remove mill scale, oils or other surface contaminants. An asphalt undercoating is applied to the interior and underside of the entire scale. A high-performance epoxy primer is applied to all steel before the specialized hard-coat alkyd enamel completes the process.
- Lightning Protection – Every SURVIVOR truck scale comes complete with a surge voltage protection system. The junction box is provided with individual transient circuitry protection. The entire system is grounded to a single-point grounding system connected to the power ground.
- Easy Expansion – Versatile and cost-effective, the OTR was designed to change with your business. Heavy-duty, self-seating hinge connectors offer easy installation of the pre-assembled modules, and simplify future expansion.
Features and Benefits
- Top access to load cells and junction box
- 75,000 lb capacity load cells and G-Force™ mount assemblies
- Junction box(es) appropriate for number of load cells utilized
- NTEP Certified 02-003
- 100,000 lb Concentrated Load Capacity (CLC)
- 100,000 lb Dual Tandem Axle (DTA)
- Up to 270,000 lb full scale capacity
- 6 in thick concrete deck
- Three standard widths: 10 ft, 11 ft and 12 ft (available up to 16.5 ft, NTEP Certified)
|Rice Lake SURVIVOR OTR Concrete Deck Truck Scale|
|Vehicle Scale Dimensions (Length)||10′ to 160′|
|Vehicle Scale Dimensions (Width)||10′, 11′, and 12′|
|Max Capacity||Up to 270,000 lb|
|Concentrated Load Capacity (CLC): 100,000 lb||100,000 lb|
|Duel Tandem Axle (DTA):||100,000 lb|
|Load Cells Mount Assembly||75,000 lb capacity; G-Force™ patented self-checking mounting system, top access to load cells|
|Approvals||NTEP Certified per H-44, Class IIIL, 02-003 Measurement Canada AM-5413|